Transmission and distribution for electric and natural gas, and excavation and substation
MDU Construction Services Group's transmission, distribution, excavation and substation companies provide a diverse set of services for customers across the country. We work underground and overhead in the transmission and distribution industry, as well as with substations, bridges, lighting and traffic signal systems. Our services include natural gas and pipeline placement, directional drilling, cable and duct plowing, hydroexcavation, and conduit and vault installation.
- Distribution, transmission and substation systems.
- Aerial electrical systems.
- Wood, steel and lattice configurations.
- Installation and rehabilitation of underground facilities.
- High- and low-pressure natural gas line placement services.
- Half-inch to 8-inch plastic and steel pipes.
- Mainline cross-country pipeline for gas and petroleum products.
- Hard-rock trenching capabilities.
- Parking lot and sports field lighting, highway and billboard lighting, outside fiber optic work, excavation and communication services.
- Installation, maintenance and emergency support of computer-controlled traffic signal systems.
- “Smart” highway systems.
- Fiber optic communications.